Transfer by the owner
In order to transfer a motorcycle by the original owner to the buyer, the following will be required:
1. Original registration book (the green book). The owner must sign in the bondholder indicated area.
2. A transfer request and transfer acceptance forms (use the forms of transportation from the used department only) along with a copy of identification card of the transferor and the transferee and a certified the copy of the ID from both. For foreigners, they need to show passport and often a work permit if the visa is a business visa.
Notes: If the transfer is between spouses (you will need the marriage certificate and a certified copy for both parties), no payment for the transfer fee appraisal is required but a transfer fee of 105 Baht is.
** Do note that a work permit is NOT a requirement; However, foreigners must show a proof of address and the transportation department often asks for that document. In the case of holding other than a business, visa A yellow ta bian baan (House book or residence rental contract) can also be a proof of address.
3. Bring the motorcycle to make an inspection at the vehicle check-up. (Bring any vehicle that needs to be transferred inspected).
4. Once it is finished, wait for next step at receiving document and evaluation of the price window. Appraisal staff will review the document and when it’s done the staff will return back the document to check-and-receive window and pay the transfer fee.
5. Hand in the document at the inspection of documents and pay 90 baht for tax fees, 10 baht for vehicle check, 105 baht for transfer fee, 20 baht for management fee. Transfer fee is based on the assessed value of the vehicle.
6. Receive the new registration book and verify that the transfer is made.
Using a power of attorney to do the transfer
You can do the same process using a power of attorney (there is a special form from transportation office) along with a certified copy of identification of the transferee. This is used when the owner is not present for the transfer. Again, for foreigners, they will need to show their passport and normally a work permit (or a proof of address) and require a stamp fee of 10 baht along with a copy of their identity.